EPS plays an important role in construction of roads and has been since the 1970s. Widely used as filling material for road banks and insulation for concrete foundations.
Using EPS has enabled roads to be built faster, more efficient, and with greater stability than they would have with other filling material. By building up the road bank with EPS blocks instead of gravel, the load on underground soil can be significantly reduced. Which provides more stability and limit settlements.
EPS blocks are an extremely easy to use product. With its high compressive strength, making it able to support large traffic loads. And low weight, eliminating the need for heavy earthmoving equipment and accelerates construction time.
EPS is also 100% recyclable which mean that every little piece of spillage or leftover material can be collected. And brought back to our production plant – to be turned into new EPS products. It’s recycling as it is meant to be and the kind of closed loop that will be standard for all our products in the future.
- 100% recyclable
- Provides soil frost protection
- High-strength-to-weight ratio
- Predictable material behaviour
- Manufactured to performance requirement
- Perfect for project locations with weak soil
- Accelerate construction time
- Eliminate the need for heavy earthmoving equipment
- Reduce labour
- Help prevent slope failures
- Resistant to moisture
- Can be re-used
- Bridge abutment projects
- Road construction
- New highway and road construction
- Road embarkments
- Temporary road construction
- Slope stabilization
- Landslide areas with weak soil
- Artificial landscapes
- Railway track systems